Applications should embody the three Red
Threads of Windows Phone 7:
• Personal – your day, your way
• Relevant – your people, your location
• Connected – your stuff, your peace of mind
The Metro design was developed using the five following principles:
1) Clean, light, open, and fast: It is visually distinctive, contains
ample white space, reduces clutter and elevates typography as
a key design element.
2) Content, not chrome: It accentuates focus on the content that the
user cares most about, making the product simple and ap
proachable for everyone.
3) Integrated hardware and software: Hardware and software blend
into each other and creates a seamless user experience from
single-button access to Search, Start, Back and the camera to
on-board sensor integration..
4) World-class motion: The Windows Phone 7 touch and gesture
experiences on capacitive screens are consistent with Windows 7 on
the desktop and include hardware-accelerated animations and
transitions to enhance the user’s experience at every turn.
5) Soulful and alive: A personalized, automatically updated view into
the information that matters most to the user is enabled and brings
to life a cinematic photo and video experience by having a fully
integrated Zune media player experience.